background

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I *heart* Hunter Douglas

I keep finding these little tab clippies all over my house. I finally discovered they were from our Hunter Douglas blinds we have in our house. This tiny clip is the the tab that covers the bottom of the blinds where all of the strings are threaded. Apparently we have not been gentle when lowering our blinds and the little tabs are breaking off.

Today I decided to check on the blinds to see if they might be recalled because of these little tabs breaking off. Judging from the size of these clips, I'm seeing a chocking hazard for small children. I find the Hunter Douglas number and give them a call thinking that I'm going to deal with some cubical enslaved, ex-telemarketer with an attitude. It never fails that I get this person when I call customer service numbers. Can I get an Amen? To my surprise, my call was answered by a HUMAN on the second ring. Are you kidding me? I explain my problem and the lady says "Sure, I can send you some replacements. How many do you need?" At this point, I figure it's gonna cost me $10 for 10 new tabs. Wrong! They are sending me replacement tabs for free! Fantastically fabulous.

I have to say that my love for Hunter Douglas blinds is rooted in the fact that my 5-year-old blinds look fabulous and haven't cracked or faded (just like they assured me in the sales pitch). It was a hefty investment, but totally worth it. Now that they are sending me replacement parts for free, my love and commitment for Hunter Douglas has been renewed.

If or when I need blinds again, I will not hesitate to buy Hunter Douglas.

No comments: