background

Monday, November 23, 2009

Is there a method to the laundry madness?

This is a shout-out to all the ladies (and gentlemen if you do the laundry in the house). I'm looking for a good method for my weekly laundry madness. Apparently seven loads is too much for me to get done in one day. Does anyone have any proven methods to keep up with the laundry? If you are the do-a-load-a-day chick, do you make your family separate their laundry by using multiple hampers? Do you dig through to get all of the undies? What's your secret? Please share. I need help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must confess, I suck at doing laundry in a timely, efficient manner. I'm one of those people who just puts it off until either a) all the hampers are exploding, or b) I run out of something crucial, like socks, underwear, or jeans (I hate forced dress-up days).

Fortunately, I have been blessed with a husband who somewhat enjoys doing laundry. My observations of his method is that he does a couple of loads every few days. So, he's somewhere in between the "once a day chick" (haha) and the weekend warrior. Seems like it's easier to manage that way. Oh, and he also is a stickler for folding each load right when it comes out of the dryer, instead of letting it sit and wrinkle and pile up on the bed. But I usually end up putting the folded clothes away for everyone. Small price to pay for having an in-house launderer.