background

Monday, July 27, 2009

Ranger Cookies

I was at my sister-in-law's house last week searching for a recipe and ran across a recipe for Ranger Cookies. I loved them as kid, but my mom hardly ever made anything other than chocolate chip cookies. What did I do the next day? Made cookies!

Ranger Cookies

1 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 c. crisco
1 c. white sugar
1c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream sugars, butter, and crisco together until light. Add vanilla. Add one egg at a time and mix until light and fluffy.

2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix above ingredients together with a fork or whisk. Add slowly into wet ingredients.


1 c. oatmeal
1 c. coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)

Add oatmeal and coconut and mix well.





1 c. Rice Krispies (or rice cereal)

Stir in Rice Krispies by hand so they don't break down. Drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper lined baking sheet. I'm a HUGE fan of parchment for two main reasons - clean up is simple and they help put a nice crisp on the bottom of the cookies. Bake a 375* for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy! These cookies are really good with fresh fruit like strawberries or peaches.

2 comments:

Larry & Ashley said...

Yum! I'll be making these in the near future!

Cara said...

coconut, ew.