background

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tulle, My New Best Friend




I have to admit it, I love beautifully wrapped gifts. Always have, always will. They make my heart sing.

This year I bravely introduced my family to a new Christmas color scheme...teal with cranberry. Hubbs was not in agreement with my choice of colors this year. Being the gracious husband that he is, he let me go ahead with my crazy color scheme. I'm always after something different and I thought teal and cranberry would fit the bill.

I try to keep my wrapping paper in chorus with my tree color, so I bought this awesome teal and silver paper at Walmart of all places, but I needed something to make a bow. I've used wired ribbon thing the last two years and I needed something new and cheap. What did I turn too? Tulle. I love this stuff for three reasons.

1. It's cheap. $2.99-$4.99 for 25 yards at Hobby Lobby.
2. It's easy to work with.
3. If the bow gets smashed, just fluff.

If you can't figure out how to accessorize your gifts this year, give some tulle a try, you'll love it!

No comments: