background

Friday, July 9, 2010

Gun Case or Furniture?

My husband as an ugly gun case. Okay, to a girl it's ugly but to a rugged man it represents your ability (or attempt) to hunt food for your family. When we moved the beloved gun case had no where to call home because it was a half-inch too tall to tuck into a closet. Then I found this blog. *Ding* The ideas started to flow!

The transformation has begun. I took off the door and hinges and took it to the glass shop to have the frosted glass deer removed and replaced with a mirror. I first thought about cork board but then realized that this was going to have to stay in my bedroom. Then I realized that I could have a mirror put in so it would serve a functional purpose as a full-length mirror. Genius.

The next step is to have the hubby help me drag that sucker into the garage for a little sanding, priming and painting. I'll keep you posted on how it comes together and hopefully remember to take pictures along the way.

No comments: